- We would like to remind everyone that the speed limit throughout the estuary from the harbour entrance to Town Quay at Newton Abbot is 6 knots.
- Water skiing can only take place in the designated area if you are a member or temporary member of the South Devon Water Ski Club (01626 872472). Vessels engaged in water skiing inside the designated area are permitted to exceed the speed limit of 6 knots but should do 6 knots at all other times.
- The Harbour Commission is in the process of organising dinghy moorings on the foreshore below the mean high water line and apologise for any disruption that this causes.
- Any questions on fishing within the harbour or its approaches should be directed to The Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority (01803 854648).
- Message from the Police (PCSO Colin Rider): Please be aware that high value boat engine thefts have occured in the Dartmouth, Kingsbridge, Ivybridge and Salcombe areas. More than £30,000 worth of equipment including engines has been stolen in the last six weeks. The thieves are not deterred by larger engines and will use lifting equipment if required. Please be vigilant and if you suspect any suspicious activity contact the police on 0845 777444. Crimestoppers on 08005 55111 or if a crime is in progress 999.
- There have been a number of thefts of outboard engines from boats moored in the river, please secure and securely mark your outboards as best you can and remove portable fuel tanks from your boats whenever you can to disscourage theft.
Map (in PDF Format)